|History of village|
The documentary attestation of the village dates from the medieval epoch
The first attestation is of the Patars village in 1274, the toponym showing the way it was born, through the clearing of a forest surface, a very often fact in the medieval age. In 1274/1340 the first documentary mention “Peturched in comitatuu Oodiensi”. Names among time: Peterche, Peturched. In 1823 were 38 students at the Romanian school, built in 1789. The demographic evolution: 1869-386 inhabitants; 1880-330 inhabitants; 1890-341 inhabitants; 1900-347 inhabitants; 1910-386 inhabitants; 1922-365 inhabitants.
The documentary attestation of the other villages, Ususau in 1418 names along the time: Hozyaczo, Assiase, Hosszuaszo, Marosaszo. Significant Notes: 1418 – first documentary attestation; 1717-the village had 20 houses; 1723 – appears on the Mercy map under the name Assiase; 1786 – are recorded 152 families; 1788 – the first Romanian school is built where in the year 1823 are 157 students; 1851 – are 1459 inhabitants. Demographic evolution: 1869-1646 inhabitants; 1880-1454 inhabitants; 1890-1482 inhabitants; 1900-1575 inhabitants; 1910-1429 inhabitants; 1922-1327 inhabitants; Bruznic will start in the villages near Lipova, followed in 1527 by the insurrection, led by Ivan Nenada, representing a larger part of Arad and Zarand.
The instauration of the Austrian administration in 1718 sets the Banat villages in the state’s direct property. Financial difficulties led to most of their sell after 1780. The villages near the Mures valley will be an exception for a period of time so the state could better control the salt and lumber transport across Mures river.
The economical growth due to the Austrian administration, became obvious in the villages’ development. In 1777 Ususau county had 107 houses, a big number for that time. This period testifies the school network development in Banat villages.
In 1788 the first schools of Ususau and Bruznic are built, followed in 1798 by the ones in Dorgos, Zabalt and Patars.
At the beginning of the 19th century, because of the numerous floods caused by the river Mures, the hearth of many villages are being moved in less exposed areas. This is the case for Ususau county, the actual toponymy keeping in memory the old place of settlement.( eg.: village )
The insurrection from 1848-1849 brings Ususau to the contemporaries attention..Upon the evening of the 11th of November 1848, thousands of peasants from the villages around Mures valley, gather at Ususau to plan an attack over Lipova county which was at that time controlled by Hungarian revolutionary troups, aroused by the Proclamation of the Austrian commander of Lugoj county. The attack from that area was suppressed with great losses, the annals talk about 400-500 casualties, but on the 14th of October, with a little help from the imperial army, the Romanian peasants will manage to occupy Lipova.
In the second half of the 20th century the county villages will become part of some estates. The East of the village will become part of the Mocioni estate, and Ususau becomes part of Count La Tour’s estate, in whom’s possession will remain until the instauration of the Romanian administration. In 1919 when a great part of the village’s border will be bought by minister Dehelean. The economical activities development throughout the village’s territory are illustrated by a document from in 1896 which reveals a deficit of work force for vineyards and orchards in Ususau and of woodcutters in Dorgos and Patars. Minister Dehelean will help at the building of a monumental church in Ususau, one of the most imposing on Mures valley, built in a mix of styles- neoclassic and rococo (steeple), the churches of small dimensions from Bruznic and Zabalt date since 1805 and 1848.